wtf moments

iamspenagain

Cymro's Bitch
Jan 1, 1970
The Nast 'Nati, Ohio
The first sentence of a local news article I read today reads as follows: "While they still don’t know how she died, authorities say the 15-year-old girl who was found dead outside her apartment early Sunday was not killed."

WHAT THE FUCK! YES, SHE WAS MOST CERTAINLY KILLED, AS SHE IS NOW DEAD! What the fuck kind of idiot reporter would even think about writing that kind of lede, and what the fuck kind of editor would let that shit slide? Further, why the blue fuck does it piss me off so much?

Maybe it's actually viral marketing for the next Twilight movie or some shit.

iamspenagain

Cymro's Bitch
Jan 1, 1970
The Nast 'Nati, Ohio
I'm kind of a grammar Nazi, but it's more than bad grammar, it's bad reporting. How any self-respecting journalist wrote this crap is beyond me; how it got past an editor is beyond comprehension.

I dunno. I'm a bit of a writer, so I have pet peeves.

Brikar

The Dude
Jan 1, 1970
Massachusetts
The first sentence of a local news article I read today reads as follows: "While they still don’t know how she died, authorities say the 15-year-old girl who was found dead outside her apartment early Sunday was not killed."

WHAT THE FUCK! YES, SHE WAS MOST CERTAINLY KILLED, AS SHE IS NOW DEAD! What the fuck kind of idiot reporter would even think about writing that kind of lede, and what the fuck kind of editor would let that shit slide? Further, why the blue fuck does it piss me off so much?

Maybe it's actually viral marketing for the next Twilight movie or some shit.
I'll admit, it's iffy... but 'killed' tends to imply that she died of something other than a natural cause. It's stupid, I know, but I've come across this before.

Jun 13, 2006
I'll admit, it's iffy... but 'killed' tends to imply that she died of something other than a natural cause. It's stupid, I know, but I've come across this before.
I was thinking the same thing. It's perfectly valid to say that someone was killed by a disease or natural bodily process (such as a heart defect), but it's more colloquially used to mean some sort of outside, possibly violent, force.

Cymro

Religious Fanatic
Nov 30, 1999
Shitsville, CF63
If you squeeze my lizard
I´ll put my snake on you
I´m a romantic adventure
And I´m a reptile too

But it don´t make no difference
´cos I ain´t gonna be, easy, easy
the only time I´m gonna be easy´s when I´m

Killed by Death

Jan 1, 1970
Columbus, Ohio
did you ever hear a follow up on this story? I'd like to know what the heck causes a 15 year old child to drop dead outside of their home if it wasn't some sort of "foul play".