what the FUCK

Brikar

The Dude
Jan 1, 1970
Massachusetts
So we've been in an ongoing feud with the douchebags downstairs. They continually do things like slam doors or play loud music at all hours of the night (Michael Jackson at 3 am? really?) and take our parking spaces.

Now, the way it works out is that we have the left side of the driveway and they have the right side. These are parking spaces we pay for. But regularly, like several times a month, either myself or my roommate will come home and find that our parking spots are taken, or that the other two parked so far apart that we can't actually fit four cars in the driveway.

Saturday night into Sunday it snowed something like a foot. It took us about an hour and a half to shovel out our half of the driveway. The downstairs douchebags decided they didn't feel like doing that, so they simply gunned the accelerator in reverse and drive over the mound of snow from the street plows. Whatever, that's their right.

Of course, when I get home from work at 1230 in the morning, I find that instead of driving back over that now-frozen mound of snow, they simply parked in my spot. Alright, I'm pissed, but instead of doing anything rash, I simply leave them a note telling them how rude it was, and if it happens again, I'm calling the tow company.

So tonight, what happens when I get home? Not only can't I park in my own spot because there's a car there, but my roommate's spot is taken as well. Further, we discover that the douchebags downstairs aren't even home - THE CARS BELONG TO SOMEONE ELSE.

Who the fuck just parks in someone else's driveway? What possible IDIOT reasoning leads someone to think this shit is okay?

So we call the tow truck company, who tell us that they need to confirm it with the landlord or property manager before towing (which is quite reasonable and I'd expect nothing less from a reputable company). Unfortunately, our landlord/property manager is part of the problem. We've complained to him numerous times for MONTHS about these guys downstairs, and he's done nothing. So when we call him tonight about these strange cars, he doens't pick up and doesn't call us back.

We called the police, who told us there was nothing they could do because the cars are on private property. Even though we gave them the plate numbers and they confirmed that the cars aren't registered to this property, they can't do anything. If you ask me, that shit should count as like, trespassing or something.

So basically, there's nothing we can do except start knocking on doors and find out whose fucking cars these are, and tell them to move.

But no, it's after midnight and we're pissed.

So we parked our cars in front of the driveway, blocking them in. I don't have to leave for work until 330 in the afternoon, and my roommate said he's going to walk to work.

Attachments

Last edited:

iamspenagain

Cymro's Bitch
Jan 1, 1970
The Nast 'Nati, Ohio
We share our parking lot with the house next door. There's a sign clearly marking where the property line is, and our side of the lot can fit five cars, six on a really good day (it's basically an alleyway, parking in it is difficult). Anyway, our next door neighbor's lot fits three or four cars, but he never uses it. Ever. He parks on the street.

Unfortunately for us, if we decide we have to use his empty lot, he'll have us towed. On one occasion, he towed my roommate's car for have half a tire over the line. After his car was gone, his lot was empty for two weeks. Now, it's his right to use his parking lot as he pleases, but if there's no on-street parking and we have to park there temporarily, is there any reason to be an ass about it?

If he ever has my car towed, I swear to God his nice soft-top Mustang is going to have knife wounds.

Brikar

The Dude
Jan 1, 1970
Massachusetts
Now, it's his right to use his parking lot as he pleases, but if there's no on-street parking and we have to park there temporarily, is there any reason to be an ass about it?
Maybe not, but it's still his. Getting a car towed for being slightly over the line is douchebaggy. But I wouldn't full-on park in there without his permission.

iamspenagain

Cymro's Bitch
Jan 1, 1970
The Nast 'Nati, Ohio
Maybe not, but it's still his. Getting a car towed for being slightly over the line is douchebaggy. But I wouldn't full-on park in there without his permission.
And I don't, except for my first week here when I didn't realize the lots were actually different. The thing about it is, on one or two occasions, he's actually parked on our side of the lot and left his completely clear. And if he does that again, his car won't be there in the morning.

Tupperfan

Forgot to bring booze...
Sep 16, 2009
The bush, Canada
In major cities, there is irregular hours buses and subways (Quite frequent in my case). But of course, smaller cities don't always have that chance.

I'm glad my street doesn't have many driveways and most people park on the street, despite some being idiots when doing so. Also glad I don,t have to use a car in the city.

But Brik, that was a great move blocking them from getting out. He might have gotten out but now he might think about it twice next time he parks there.

Still a huge douche though...

Brikar

The Dude
Jan 1, 1970
Massachusetts
In Boston the trains stop at 12:15. Whenever someone tries to extend the hours, the cab unions pitch a fit. It's disgusting.

Anyhow, tonight they parked on the unshoveled side, at an angle... One car taking up two spaces. Fuckers. But still, I'm in my own spot, so I'm happy.

Cymro

Religious Fanatic
Nov 30, 1999
Shitsville, CF63
In major cities, there is irregular hours buses and subways (Quite frequent in my case). But of course, smaller cities don't always have that chance.
Yeah, I'm sure it is, but even people who live in cities with no irregular hours public transport, like Cardiff (which is a medium size city), don't seem to realise that the people who work at their beloved 24 hour shops and bars have to get home too.

Jun 13, 2006
Yeah, I'm sure it is, but even people who live in cities with no irregular hours public transport, like Cardiff (which is a medium size city), don't seem to realise that the people who work at their beloved 24 hour shops and bars have to get home too.
Of course they don't. Worthless peons can walk their asses home. :niener:

Jan 1, 1970
Columbus, Ohio
Brikar here's a thought, get a big box of nails and tonite before you go to work, scatter them all over your side of the driveway... let your roomate in on the plan though. After spending out a few hundred dollars to replace tires full of nails, they may think twice about parking on your side again.

Also, I'd start taking pictures of their cars parked on your side, even when they park at an angle making it difficult for you to get in/out of your driveway and tell the landlord that if he doesn't do anything about it you'll put your rent into an escrow account until he does.

Brikar

The Dude
Jan 1, 1970
Massachusetts
Last night, our side was clear. Hopefully, they got the message. I don't think we'll be putting nails down, but we already talked about telling the landlord we'd withhold rent until something is done. If it happens again, we're ready.

iamspenagain

Cymro's Bitch
Jan 1, 1970
The Nast 'Nati, Ohio
Fucking asshole neighbor left a note on my windshield today saying that if I parked in his lot again, he'd tow me. "This is your only warning," it read. Seeing as how I wasn't in his lot, I wrote him a nice note in reply. "Dear asshat, I was not parked in your lot. If you have my car towed, bad things may happen. Don't be a dick. XOXO, your neighbor." Going to give my landlord a call tomorrow, I think, since this guy's douchebaggery directly effects everyone that lives in two of his properties. If a nice cease and desist letter doesn't change his mind and my car still gets towed, maybe he'll let me borrow his lawyer. Since I'll be taking photographic evidence next time I park near the line and there are multiple people in the complex who actually HAVE had their car towed for no reason, I'm sure I could convince him to settle. And since not having a car could potentially cause damages in my job hunt...

If that doesn't work, maybe his car's tires won't have air in them the next day.