What?!?!?! No favicon?

Arik

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 1, 2010
Deslok said:
hmmm... maybe it's just me, but I don't even see it in the source code. It usually shows up in my bookmarks after the first press, but still no favicon.

WAAAAAAH!
The manner in which the favicon is associated with the site hasn't changed in over a year. It's not in the code because it doesn't have to be in the code. Browsers pick it up because they're looking for it.

It seems to be picking it up correctly for me in both IE and Firefox.

But, just for you I put an entry in the HTML.

Last edited:

Deslok

regruntled and reemployed
Jan 1, 1970
in front of the computer
I don't know exactly how it works, but I'm seeing it now. I thought it was in the code, but apparently I'm wrong about that. If it's not dependant on the HTML, why is it showing up now?

Anyway, I see it now. I'm wondering if it needs to be redesigned. Thoughts?

Arik

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 1, 2010
I don't know, but it worked correctly for me through my work laptop that has never seen this site in both IE and Firefox. Unless you're using an outdated browser...

If you want to redesign it, go crazy with it. ;)

Deslok

regruntled and reemployed
Jan 1, 1970
in front of the computer
Arik Peterson said:
I don't know, but it worked correctly for me through my work laptop that has never seen this site in both IE and Firefox. Unless you're using an outdated browser...

If you want to redesign it, go crazy with it. ;)
No, I have the very latest Firefox build. There's a yellow box with a checkmark in it in my bookmarks. The favicon appears in the url bar and in the tabs, but that's it. This is obviously one of the signs of the coming apocalypse.