Voyager rewatch. Random thoughts.

Bean

The Awesome One
Jan 1, 1970
Canada eh!
cheese.com
Figured I'd stop polluting the shoutbox with these.

S1E7: Lie detectors, dogs, mind melds etc...

Holy fuck, they solved the murder mystery with the fucking dog.

Bean

The Awesome One
Jan 1, 1970
Canada eh!
cheese.com
S1E8

Our intrepid explorers stumble across a planet that's apparently full of dead bodies wrapped in some spider web like material. Ooooooo! Scary.

Big chief first officer makes it a point to go out of his way and ask Harry is he'd like to accompany the away team, even though he's been going on away missions since episode 1. Gee, wonder if this'll be a Harry episode?

Oh wow, Harry wants to dissect the dead bodies to learn about this new species. Big chief XO disagrees because he's all spiritual and shit. He doesn't even want to use tricorders for fear of "disturbing" the bodies. It's pretty obvious why they pretty much ignore him throughout the rest of the series.

Oops, they beamed up one of the dead bodies instead of Harry. Big Chief XO is gonna be pissed... On the other hand, fuck Harry.

Ok.. I can't even watch this nonsense right now. I know what episode it is and it is truly, truly horrible.

Bean

The Awesome One
Jan 1, 1970
Canada eh!
cheese.com
Dear Voyager, killing off a no name crew member, and then having one of the leads say "He saved my life once" does not make it more dramatic, nor does it "hit home" more than just killing off a no name, never before seen character.

Bean

The Awesome One
Jan 1, 1970
Canada eh!
cheese.com
Dreadnaught, B'Lanna argues with herself while trying to disarm a nearly indestructible Cardassian missile. I can't for the life of me understand why the Cardassians didn't employ million of these things during the war. Yeah, I'll skip it.

Bean

The Awesome One
Jan 1, 1970
Canada eh!
cheese.com
Death Wish. The most tolerable of the Voyager Q outings. Right off the bat though, I can't understand how a prison that was conjured by the most powerful beings in the universe, to contain one of the most powerful beings in the universe, was undone in less than a minute with the transporter. And by accident I might add.

Oh, and I didn't like the Riker name drop. Too obvious.

Bean

The Awesome One
Jan 1, 1970
Canada eh!
cheese.com
Lifesigns.

So they've got this Vidiian on board. Probably the most dangerous enemy they've thus far encountered. The doctor somehow turns her into a hologram (the technobable actually makes a little sense), and she's quite friendly and non hostile.

Here's my problem... NOBODY wants to question her about her people. I don't suggest they interrogate her, or treat her badly, but you'd think that they'd at least ask her for a little intel like, what star systems to avoid, where Vidiian space actually is etc.. But nope, the entire thing is a pseudo love story for the Doctor.

Also, laying down more pretext for the Paris/Chakotay conflict that's upcoming. I actually liked how they did this. They spanned it out over several episodes with a decent pay off. And Chakotay is completely taken in by it.

Bean

The Awesome One
Jan 1, 1970
Canada eh!
cheese.com
Finally! TUVIX!!

I have to admit a strong fondness for this episode and the ethical implications it presents.

So the crew accept him, and then Kess starts meddling because she's a selfish whore.

Kess goes to the captain and complains that she misses neelix.

Janeway makes a log entry singing his praises, both in abilities, and his naturally forming, strong relationships with the rest of the crew, who seem to be accepting him.

Tuvix is playing pool with Tom and Chakotay like they're old friends.

Kes enters, to apologize for being so distant. And blah blah blah, she's learned to accept him.

Queue the Doctor calling him to sick bay. Poof! Solution found! They can turn Tuvix back into Tuvok and Neelix. Kes, in her selfishness is thrilled (guess that acceptance didn't last long...). And the other boot drops, Tuvix doesn't want to die.

Janeway and Chakotay acknowledging that he has friends, including them etc.. Enter Tuvix. Tuvix outright states that she doesn't have the right to make the decision. She argues on behalf of them. Badly.

Shortform: Tuvix SCHOOLS Janeway arguing whether he has the right to live or not.

And of course, he goes to Kes ask her help, and being the selfish bitch she is, fuck him.

It's funny how all of a sudden the crew can turn their backs on him and treat him like he's a villain... Such Starfleet behavior...

And he's marched off to sickbay against his will where, the doctor refuses to perform the procedure! Good for him! Doesn't matter, Empress Janeway has already made her decree and she does it herself.

Selfish bitch Kes doesn't show the least bit of remorse. Janeway looks thoroughly disgusted with herself and she should. She literally just committed murder.

What a good episode, but fuck what a sick twisted ethical resolution.

Bean

The Awesome One
Jan 1, 1970
Canada eh!
cheese.com
Oh fun. Janeway and Chakotay are trapped on a planet together with an incurable disease and Voyager must go on without them.

I guess it's at this point that Beltrans drunken ranting finally earned him some more screen time as "a lead". Either that or the episode was a break for the rest of the cast to get the fuck away from both of them for a bit.

Bean

The Awesome One
Jan 1, 1970
Canada eh!
cheese.com
Pon Farr comes to the crew of the Voyager. Somehow, telepathic, bonding, blah blah blah... Somehow Belanna winds up with it and alone in some caves with Tom.

The Doctor of course makes the most obvious suggestion for the Vulcan crewman to deal with the issue, fuck a hologram.

Bean

The Awesome One
Jan 1, 1970
Canada eh!
cheese.com
Oh sweet, now the Vulcan wants to fight for his mate (whom he's convinced is Belanna). The twist? She's decided to fight him NOT to be. I'm really upset that they're not using the music from the Kirk Spock fight in the TOS episode dealing with it.