vBulletin

Jan 1, 1970
Columbus, Ohio
That's impossible too, there isn't even one month in a day.
:confused: What the fuck are you talking about? Did you start drinking early today? If you could see the look on my face right now.... I don't know.... you're just fucking with me I guess.... FUCKIT! My birthday is July 17... give me money!

Tupperfan

Forgot to bring booze...
Sep 16, 2009
The bush, Canada
I also get confused every time we write dates in 3/4/09 format, as we french-speaking assholes also write dates as DD/MM/YYYY, from the smaller unit of measurement to the biggest. i thought they were trying to get that universally (globally?) recognized to facilitate communication and computer programming...

Cymro

Religious Fanatic
Nov 30, 1999
Shitsville, CF63
What the fuck are you talking about? Did you start drinking early today? If you could see the look on my face right now.... I don't know.... you're just fucking with me I guess.... FUCKIT! My birthday is July 17... give me money!
I'm just pulling your leg. :p

I also get confused every time we write dates in 3/4/09 format, as we french-speaking assholes also write dates as DD/MM/YYYY, from the smaller unit of measurement to the biggest. i thought they were trying to get that universally (globally?) recognized to facilitate communication and computer programming...
It makes sense to me, in English we say "11th of January, 1998", which is in essence a shorthand for "The eleventh day of the month of January, in the year 1998". In Welsh it'd be "11fed o Ionawr, 1998", which is the same order, even though Welsh grammar is the reverse of English in some cases.

Jun 13, 2006
I've taken to writing my dates in military format - i.e. 15 Dec. 2009. Of course, I also cross my sevens, so take what I say with a grain of salt.

Bean

The Awesome One
Jan 1, 1970
Canada eh!
cheese.com
I've taken to avoiding writing out the date at all. Everywhere I go it's different. Family court does it one way, the power company does it another, work does it yet another way...

Fuck it, the date is Tuesday.

Jan 1, 1970
Columbus, Ohio
Yeah Cymro, I kinda figured you was screwing with me, but I do admit you had me studder-stuck for a second.

I watch a court show Judge Joe Brown, commonly speaking, when abbrevating 2009, most people say 'oh-nine', but Judge Joe likes to say 'aut-nine'. I know it's the "proper" way of saying it, but it's strange to hear it.

Sometimes it is a little confussing when dealing with writting out dates, especially on job applications. Some places want a MM/DD/YY format, other a MM/DD/YYYY and still other want a DD/MM/YY or DD/MM/YYYY, and then there are those who don't give a shit.

The other thing that trips me up a lot is that it's common practice to omit the '0' in the months of 1-9, so if I were to correctly type my b'day, it should be 07/17/71 or 17/07/1971. I've had more than once fill out an app on line and get a little warning cue because, out of habbit, I didn't put that little zerro in front of the 7.
(and yes, when speaking, I do say "zerro" instead of "oh", which saying 'oh' is more common)