TOS Reboot script

Cymro

Religious Fanatic
Nov 30, 1999
Shitsville, CF63
INT. KIRK'S QUARTERS - BEDROOM
The room is dark, and we hear the slow, steady breathing of two people fast asleep. Over this, we here a beeping communicator, it beeps several times, before the lights are tuned on, revealing CAPTAIN JAMES T. KIRK, in bed, looking rather hungover, and wearing a party hat. A dark haired woman lies next to him, still sleeping. The room is adorned with Christmas decorations.

KIRK​

(Glances at the woman)
Uugh...
He pick's up his communicator from his bedside table, and opens it.

KIRK​
(tired)
Kirk here.​

From the communicator's loudspeaker, we hear the deep, steady voice of COMMANDER SPOCK

SPOCK​
Captain, you were due to take the bridge 15 minutes ago, are you unwell?​

KIRK​
No, Spock, I overslept, I'll be there in a couple of minutes. Kirk out.​
Kirk drops the communicator on the table, groans and walks to his wash basin. He splashes some cold water on his face, and tidies his hair, he then grabs a clean pair of trousers and an undershirt from his wardrobe and puts them on, followed by his shoes and socks. After desperately looking for a clean tunic in his wardrobe to no avail, he picks one up off the floor, dusts it off and zips it up as he walks out the door.

INT. ENTERPRISE CORRIDOR

The corridor is crowded with people heading to their bunks after the last duty shift, we follow Kirk through the corridors, various crewmen smiling at him, he smiles back. He steps into a turbolift, and the doors close behind him.

FADE TO:

INT. ENTERPRISE BRIDGE
We see identical turbolift doors, they open to reveal Kirk, who steps out confidently, to be greeted by Spock who raises an eyebrow. The usual bridge complement is present and at are their stations, they all look somewhat surprised and amused by Kirk's entrance.

KIRK​
Good Morning, Spock​

SPOCK​
Captain...​

UHURA​
(interupting)
Captain, priority one message from starfleet.​

KIRK​
On screen, Lieutenant.​

UHURA​
Uh...sir...​

KIRK​
You heard, me.​

UHURA​
Aye, sir.​

SPOCK​
(urgently)
Captain...​

The face of ADMIRAL NOGURA appears on the viewscreen, she cocks her head, looking confused, then develops a slight smile.

NOGURA​
Good morning...Captain Noel​

Kirk looks shocked for a moment, then looks down, realising he's wearing a female version of the standard mustard coloured officer's tunic with the nametag reading "Helen Noel". Then looks back up at the viewscreen.

KIRK​
Um...​
END OF TEASER.

Cymro

Religious Fanatic
Nov 30, 1999
Shitsville, CF63
Not really, I just wrote that for the sake of it because I like gag teasers. Like in the Firefly ep "Trash" where the opening scene is Mal naked in the dessert saying "Yep, that went well.".

It's a nod to "Dagger of the Mind".

Cymro

Religious Fanatic
Nov 30, 1999
Shitsville, CF63
Yeah, I like serious shows that can do comedy, and earlier Trek used to do it all the time. It's one of the things that can turn me onto a show, it's certainly one of the things I like about Joss Whedon shows and Stargate. It's also something I think BSG can lack, though I think a lot of the jokes they do get's edited out; there are certainly a few deleted scenes on the season 1 DVDs that are worth a chuckle.

Brikar

The Dude
Jan 1, 1970
Massachusetts
The humor is pretty much what makes "Stargate" for me. Sure, it has some fun action, but for the most part, the plots really aren't all that great. Or, more specifically, the plots are fine, they're just nothing new; pretty standard stuff. But the humor really gives the show a spark it wouldn't have otherwise.

I'd like BSG to have more humor... but I understand the reasons why they don't do it more. Like you say, stuff gets deleted. The show is always very dense, in addition to being dark. So even if they wanted to, a lot of times, they simply don't have the time.

Brikar

The Dude
Jan 1, 1970
Massachusetts
I think even without the wit, it still has the action quotient which is nice. The SG shows have always been more willing to really throw into its action sequences; whereas Trek's continued to get more bland as time went on, SG was using its effects and such to the fullest.

And of course, they do pull out the genuinely excellent episode every so often like "Heroes".

Cymro

Religious Fanatic
Nov 30, 1999
Shitsville, CF63
I do like it when they do those great episodes, and I'd also like to throw "Threads", "The Changeling" and "Abyss" in there too. The thing about SG-1 is that even when it's bad, it's usually still very watchable.