So...

Cymro

Religious Fanatic
Nov 30, 1999
Shitsville, CF63
Yes, the new incarnation is coming along slowly (It's a complete re-write, since I didn't like the original and it got wiped off my hard drive anyway). But I'm liking what I've done so far, I've sketched out a lot of the details this time so I'm not doing it on the fly. I'm planning on writing an entire season's worth, because I have plot outlines for the pilot and the season finale, but the big problem is I have no idea what I'm going to do between them.

Deslok

regruntled and reemployed
Jan 1, 1970
in front of the computer
Brikar, that is VERY good. And you have the scriptwriting format down. Did you teach yourself or did you take courses or use a scriptwriting software to help you out?

Seriously, you had better aggressively market your talents soon or I'll make fun of you!

Brikar

The Dude
Jan 1, 1970
Massachusetts
Deslok said:
Brikar, that is VERY good. And you have the scriptwriting format down. Did you teach yourself or did you take courses or use a scriptwriting software to help you out?

Glad you liked it. :) Was there anything you DIDN'T like? Anything that needed work?

As for teaching, it's a mixture. I've been writing forever, but I also took screenwriting in college.

Deslok

regruntled and reemployed
Jan 1, 1970
in front of the computer
I like the approach you took. If you shopped it to the big film companies, and they bought it, it would still very likely get a re-write unless it's either really perfect or you have some Hollywood clout. From what I've heard from people who have sold their scripts, you have to be willing to let it go once money changes hands. What you're doing is providing a template for a story, but it will be interpreted by many people; the producer (if it's television), the director (if it's film) or a specially hired team of hacks whose job it is to make it more commercially salable. Then of course, you have B&B, and they'll just figuratively barf on it, remove anything interesting or sensible, and then tell the media that they're very pleased.