So...

Cymro

Religious Fanatic
Nov 30, 1999
Shitsville, CF63
Yeah, I'll go for it, Batman Begins has turned me on to remakes.

Heh, a couple of months ago I acctually started writing a pilot for a TV show where an accident caused the earth to fall into a new ice age, and the main character eventually comes to realise it was planned, but then I realised how much of a shitty idea it was.

Deslok

regruntled and reemployed
Jan 1, 1970
in front of the computer
Cymro said:
Yeah, I'll go for it, Batman Begins has turned me on to remakes.

Heh, a couple of months ago I acctually started writing a pilot for a TV show where an accident caused the earth to fall into a new ice age, and the main character eventually comes to realise it was planned, but then I realised how much of a shitty idea it was.
It's not necessarily a shitty idea. But there would have to be a good reason why any villain would have planned it.

Brikar, bring it on!

Arik

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 1, 2010
Deslok said:
It's not necessarily a shitty idea. But there would have to be a good reason why any villain would have planned it.

Brikar, bring it on!
He needs some ice for his beverage?

Cymro

Religious Fanatic
Nov 30, 1999
Shitsville, CF63
Well yeah, the reason they did it was to limit the planet's food supply, and keep most of Earth's population in underground shelters which nobody was allowed to leave (for their own good) so that the poplulation would decrease. All the cities, towns were being demolished and rebuilt from scratch, with the ultimate goal of making Earth a better, more efficient place to live, but the ends didn't justify the means.

Cymro

Religious Fanatic
Nov 30, 1999
Shitsville, CF63
The villains were doing this to decrease the Earth's population (limited food), and keep most of the people in shelters that they weren't allowed to leave (supposedly for their own good). And while humanity was stuck in these shelters TPTB were demolishing all that humanity had created and re-building it so that the survivors would emerge a few generations later to live in a utopia, but the ends didn't justify the means.

Brikar

The Dude
Jan 1, 1970
Massachusetts
And here's "Knight Rider". There are a few things in it I'm still a bit iffy on... plot developments I'm not sure flow as smoothly as they should or could.

Basically, I've tried to keep the good elements of the show (that is, the interactions between the characters, which were always fun, and car chases) and ditch everything else (that is, the standard "Michael comes to a new town and helps out a single mom" plot that seemed to comprise more than half the series, as well as removing some of KITT's more "magical" powers, like being able to unlock doors remotely).

What I ended up with is (I hope) a PG-13 level, (relatively) low-budget car chase flick where one of the cars just happens to be sentient. There's nothing here requiring vast amounts of CG effects, and with an unknown cast, could probably be shot for under $50 million.

Last edited: