*sigh* yes...

Cymro

Religious Fanatic
Nov 30, 1999
Shitsville, CF63
i don't have another machine to plug the drive into
If you get desperate, you can get a USB caddy for about £5.

holy shit dude, that's awesome.
Thanks man, I'm really happy this thing's come together so well, and I've really enjoyed doing it. I'll be tweaking the surface properties over the next few days and then hopefully I can post the final build.

Last edited:

Brikar

The Dude
Jan 1, 1970
Massachusetts
Explain this "USB caddy" to me. What is that?

So on the subject of editing the movie - You guys think I should get a standard-def DVD rip or see if there's an HD one from the recent blu-ray releases? It'd make things easier to render out of LW at standard def (take less time) but having it in HD might be cool...

Jun 13, 2006
Explain this "USB caddy" to me. What is that?

So on the subject of editing the movie - You guys think I should get a standard-def DVD rip or see if there's an HD one from the recent blu-ray releases? It'd make things easier to render out of LW at standard def (take less time) but having it in HD might be cool...
I believe he's talking about an external hard drive enclosure that uses a USB connection. They're bloody wonderful - you can get a Western Digital 1T drive in an external case for $120 or less.

Cymro

Religious Fanatic
Nov 30, 1999
Shitsville, CF63
Yeah, but you can buy the enclosure without a hard drive for next to nothing and put one you already have in there. I got one for an old laptop hard drive and now I can carry it around in my pocket.

Bean

The Awesome One
Jan 1, 1970
Canada eh!
cheese.com
On the question of HD vs normal def, I'd stick with normal def for now Brikar. If it works out well, then you can look at HD. As it is, HD sounds like it'd be one more problem to worry about.

Bean

The Awesome One
Jan 1, 1970
Canada eh!
cheese.com
I get that, but if you do it in HD, it seems to me you're going to have to be very meticulous about the quality. Every little glitch or rough edge is going to stand out ten times more than if it were normal def. I just think it'd be easier on you to do it in standard. And even if you did decide later to do it in HD, then you've got yourself another project ;) lol

Cymro

Religious Fanatic
Nov 30, 1999
Shitsville, CF63
Perform a level 2 diagnostic on the transphasic warp plasma sensor array?

Is all the data stored on the hard drive? Because a clean install of windows might be a good idea unless you can't afford to format the drive. You could also try running an Ubuntu live CD (no install necessary) on there to see if it'll boot and if you wanted to re-format, you could use it to transfer your data to a USB drive or a DVD or something.

Last edited:

Cymro

Religious Fanatic
Nov 30, 1999
Shitsville, CF63
Well...since you're experiencing delays...

I added the spotlights at the front. I'd originally omitted them because they were only on the miniature shots that you were going to replace anyway, but I thought I might as well since I have the time. I've rigged this so if you load up the mesh, click on the panel and hit "convert powergons", it'll run a script that loads the bones for it and writes in the min and max rotation limits. I'm working on rigging the lamps so they extend and retract, as well as have some limited rotation, so the panel will retract into the fuselage, then the lights will pop out.

Attachments