"Racism in Star Trek"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 13, 2006
Bean said:
Or at least go somewhere and beat the frustration out of each other or something. We're all supposed to be friends here.
Speak for yourself. I'm just trying to buy the place out and turn it into a seedy mafia strip joint.

Cymro

Religious Fanatic
Nov 30, 1999
Shitsville, CF63
And if he does we won't delete it or ban him. I doubt you could say the same if someone went over to ST(R) and did what you're doing here. I'm asking you nicely now, not to post any more of this crap on the board, if you want to carry on arguing, do it in a PM or something - that goes for all of you.

Closet Racist

Aug 2, 2004
Vortex 4.
Maybe we should all register at St:r and see how long it takes it's proprietor to try to goosestep all over us for not wholeheartedly agreeing with every little thing he says or does.

Captain Jack

Mar 9, 2006
Northern Virginia
Mr. Green Genes said:
Maybe we should all register at St:r and see how long it takes it's proprietor to try to goosestep all over us for not wholeheartedly agreeing with every little thing he says or does.
Wont happen. Like it or not, like ME or not, I'm as close to a board mod as it gets. Someone PLEASE tell me I've never been fair or unreasonable. Won't happen there. By ANY party. Unless I get demoted.
Goddamnit....

Now I'm getting pissed.
For fuck's sake.
I just dropped in here to see a few friends. Not get in the middle of a shitstorm.

fuck.

Cymro

Religious Fanatic
Nov 30, 1999
Shitsville, CF63
I'm debating whether or not to close this thread. Everyone deserves to put their side forward, but if you can't resolve your differences in a civilised way then I'll have to.

One thing's certain; this isn't what the bar is intended for.

Cymro said:
And if he does we won't delete it or ban him. I doubt you could say the same if someone went over to ST(R) and did what you're doing here.
What I'm 'doing here' is defending myself; and if someone came to ST(R) to defend themselves against a group smear against them, I'd be backing them up, not taking the side of the people that started smearing them in the first place (like an actual moderator is supposed to do).

The narrative flow here is breathtaking in it's brazen hypocrisy:

1) Flaming Cosmonaut personally attacks me
2) You see nothing wrong.
3) Others embellish the personal attack with comments about my sanity (even going so far as to invoke the death of Kate).
4) You see nothing wrong.
5) I show up to defend myself.
6) Immediately, you blame me for everything they started and then (in so many words) threaten to ban me.

The only reason there's even a problem now is because they were 'caught'. If I'd never said a word, you wouldn't have done a damn thing about what was being said. In short, you're not a moderator. You're a site-member with moderator privileges.

Cymro said:
One thing's certain; this isn't what the bar is intended for.
Sure it is. Your complete disregard for what prompted me to respond in the first place, proves that. This isn't about right or wrong; it's about my disruption of the usual order of things around here (which allows saying anything about anyone as long as they aren't part of the tribe). Nothing more. If you actually cared about 'tone', I wouldn't have had to say anything to Cosmonaut, because you would have.

Cymro said:
I'm asking you nicely now...
You can ask me angrily. I dont care. Do honestly think I'd give a shit if you banned me at this point?

Brikar

The Dude
Jan 1, 1970
Massachusetts
Jeremy said:
Wait a minute...

They talked shit about me, and I'm just responding. Shouldn't you be saying this to them?
I said BOTH... I just happened to respond to your post cuz it was the lowest one I saw, but I really think everyone needs to calm down about this because it's getting out of hand. There should be a round of apologies on all sides.

Cymro

Religious Fanatic
Nov 30, 1999
Shitsville, CF63
Jeremy said:
What I'm 'doing here' is defending myself; and if someone came to ST(R) to defend themselves against a group smear against them, I'd be backing them up, not taking the side of the people that started smearing them in the first place (like an actual moderator is supposed to do).
Yeah, so if Noble Robot came over to ST(R) and saw you bitching about him, and decided to bitch back at you, you'd let it be?

1) Flaming Cosmonaut personally attacks me
2) You see nothing wrong.
3) Others embellish the personal attack with comments about my sanity (even going so far as to invoke the death of Kate).
4) You see nothing wrong.
5) I show up to defend myself.
6) Immediately, you blame me for everything they started and then (in so many words) threaten to ban me.
Yawn. I'm not blaming you for this at all, but what I am saying is that you're overreacting and causing a disruption on this site.
The only reason there's even a problem now is because they were 'caught'. If I'd never said a word, you wouldn't have done a damn thing about what was being said. In short, you're not a moderator. You're a site-member with moderator privileges.
Because I didn't side with you? I don't give a crap about your issues with Cosmonaut, but what I do object to is your flying completely off the handle over what were essentially a couple off off the cuff remarks. In short, until you started acting like a cyber thug on this site, I didn't want to get involved.

Sure it is. Your complete disregard for what prompted me to respond in the first place, proves that. This isn't about right or wrong; it's about my disruption of the usual order of things around here.
Exactly.

(which allows saying anything about anyone as long as they aren't part of the tribe)
Leaving Cosmo's comment be was a mistake, but your reaction to the situation was completely ridiculous, especially towards Sam and Spen.

You can ask me angrily. I dont care. Do honestly think I'd give a shit if you banned me at this point?
I never had any intention of banning you - there'd be no point since you apparantly only visit when there's someone to fight with, and your perception that I want to do so I'd speculate has more to do with a victim complex than anything I've actually said.

I will however, be closing this thread so that this wart can't grow any bigger. I won't be deleting it though.

Status
Not open for further replies.