"Racism in Star Trek"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Closet Racist

Aug 2, 2004
Vortex 4.
Well, it's more fun than just argueing with patti, doc mcoy, etc.

And I'm not sure that CA was a troll so much as an emotionally-needy asshole. However, IF he comes back...

Last edited:

Captain Jack

Mar 9, 2006
Northern Virginia
I think he will. The speed with which he descended into lunacy was just dizzying. He'll be back. People who live to stir up that much shit can't resist.
Although I haven't see Patti around, speaking of which. I had a few email exchanges with her where I pretty much told her to back off and stop acting like a baby when someone said something she didn't agree with. In not so many words...

Arik

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 1, 2010
Cymro said:
And as an admin at the Astrobar I don't have to do anything because we disabled the ability to register new accounts. It's still fun to change people's sigs though...
I'm actually thinking about turning that back on.

Bean

The Awesome One
Jan 1, 1970
Canada eh!
cheese.com
Check out "The Toilet". We had a huge problem with Russian spammers etc.. signing up for new accounts pretty much daily. There's a huge list of banned users from that little debacle. I think Arik turned it off then, but I can't recall exactly.

Arik, I don't think it would be a bad idea to open the boards up if they are in fact still closed to new users. There's a few over at TW that I think would fit in nicely over here.

Or have I misunderstood the whole conversation?

Cymro

Religious Fanatic
Nov 30, 1999
Shitsville, CF63
Yeah, I only knew because the password reset thing wasn't working.

I wouldn't mind the odd spammer every now and again either. That thing we used to do with editing was actually really funny.

Flaming Cosmonaut said:
I'd have posted this over at TW but Star_Child would have tried to turn it around make me into a racist...
No he wouldn't. You dont know Joe at all.

FLAMING COSMONAUT said:
...while his crotch-sniffing lapdog Jeremy would back him up...
Nice, Rorschach.

Wouldn't want to say that on Trekweb where I might actually see it, though, huh? Then you might get suspend again.

Ass.

Last edited:
Sam Cogley said:
You mean like what happens to me all the time? It's interesting how my responses go unanswered. :p
So, Sam, you're saying that the reason I may not respond to every word you type is because I think you've 'won'? Ever considered that perhaps the reason I dont bother saying anything further is because I dont think it's worth expelling any more breath on the subject with racism with you?

So...

This is what you guys do here...? Shit-talking. Is there any other 'venting' thread; ya know, another dumping ground for the crap you're too chicken-shit to say in a place I might see it? Point it out. I'll check back.

Jun 13, 2006
Ro_ said:
So, Sam, you're saying that the reason I may not respond to every word you type is because I think you've 'won'? Ever considered that perhaps the reason I dont bother saying anything further is because I dont think it's worth expelling any more breath on the subject with racism with you?

So...

This is what you guys do here...? Shit-talking. Is there any other 'venting' thread; ya know, another dumping ground for the crap you're too chicken-shit to say in a place I might see it? Point it out. I'll check back.
Jer, that's not what I was saying, and I've made the same point over at TW in the relevant threads - so nothing is being "hidden." You and Joe both kind of lobbed some bombs at me in a few TW threads, then never responded to what I said in reply. If anything, it makes me rather sad that two guys I like and enjoy conversing with seem to have such a low opinion of me in some regards...but that's life. I don' think I've "won" anything - I just feel that if someone is going to call me something as bad as a racist (something that I'm most certainly not), that a bit of follow-up is appropriate.

iamspen said:
I cut Jer a tad bit of slack.
A bit of slack over what, exactly? Yes, Kate died, I lost everything, and it was very hard for me for a long time. Where is this behavior you need to "Cut me slack" over? And, regardless of how you answer that, just what in the blue hell would that have to do with the bullshit narrative Flaming Cosmonaut is trying to create?

Was my bitterness and cynicism coming though when I welcomed you to ST(R)? A few years back, when I personally addressed a thread to both you and Joe regarding Harve Bennett's young Kirk and Spock script, was I doing it from within my 'cocoon'?

iamspen said:
I mean, that was a LONG time ago
Yes, IT WAS. So long ago that I'm actually engaged to a girl--an erotic dancer--that I've been with for three years. Everyone knows that. She posts on ST(R). If you actually knew me, rather than this strawman that is supposed to be me, you might have actually been aware of some of this, rather than suggesting that I'm some sort of shattered shell of a person.

Last edited:
Stag said:
^Dude, yeah. That was a Loooong time ago. I would never wish that sort of pain on anyone nor could I imagine the emotional damage it could cause but you know what, everyone loses loved ones.
And now you embellish. This is precisely how narratives are created.

Just what is your point here? What on earth have I done to warrant being described as 'emotionally damaged'? See my response to IamSpen for more.

Last edited:

Cymro

Religious Fanatic
Nov 30, 1999
Shitsville, CF63
Jeremy said:

Just what is your point here? What on earth have I done to warrant being described as 'emotionally damaged'? See my response to IamSpen for more.
How about the fact that you're far more aggressive than you were before as evidenced by this string of posts?

And perhaps, again, the people who are too "Chicken Shit" to criticise you to your face are reluctant to do so because you are in fact, not that great at taking it? Again, evidence in this very thread.

Lying or rather, hiding the truth of how we feel about each other is the very basis of society and of being civil. None of us agree 100% with each other about everything, and none of us like everything about each other. So why don't you just try and discuss whatever issues you may have with other people without going off the handle?

Even Dean made a point to say that you're different on the phone to what you are on the net. Easy Going being one of the differences listed.

Grassing Cosmonaut up was just a touch of class too.

Last edited:

Arik

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 1, 2010
Bean said:
Arik, I don't think it would be a bad idea to open the boards up if they are in fact still closed to new users. There's a few over at TW that I think would fit in nicely over here.
Yeah, I don't either. The only reason I didn't have it turned on earlier is because of the (several) months last year when things were dead around here.

Brikar

The Dude
Jan 1, 1970
Massachusetts
Jeremy said:

Can't you both just let it go? C'mon, now... Let's all just get along, guys. Bury the hatchet, start anew, shake hands, make up, kiss kiss?

Status
Not open for further replies.