"Racism in Star Trek"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Closet Racist

Aug 2, 2004
Vortex 4.
Read this and get mad:

*** L I N K ***

"Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan – This is one of the most despicable and racist of the Star Trek films. An African Starfleet captain played by the late Paul Winfield is captured by an evil white man and controlled like house slave with an alien slug placed in his brain. Later, after failing his “masterâ€, Winfield’s character kills himself in shame for failing to serve the commands of his white master."

Doesn't he mean "an evil, genetically-engineered East Indian portrayed by a Mexican"???

Last edited:
Jun 13, 2006
Hmm...sounds like the over-the-top stereotype of the angry black man as portrayed by the gay comics writer in "Chasing Amy."

Jun 13, 2006
Flaming Cosmonaut said:
I'd have posted this over at TW but Star_Child would have tried to turn it around make me into a racist while his crotch-sniffing lapdog Jeremy would back him up...
You mean like what happens to me all the time? It's interesting how my responses go unanswered. :p

Last edited:
Jun 13, 2006
Flaming Cosmonaut said:
I certainly noticed. Now they're trying to brand that female caddy as a racist on the flimsiest of evidence, "just on the event she may actually be"...
I started that thread because I didn't see much reason why Imus got blasted while she was ignored. It certainly went in unintended directions.

I don't know if you checked out the Obama/race thread, but I really unloaded in there.

With the thread I just posted, I'll probably be labeled an anti-Semite as well. Oh well...the parody was too good to resist.

Last edited:

Closet Racist

Aug 2, 2004
Vortex 4.
I'm sure I skimmed it but I'll go back and read the fine print. It's usually a disaster when I try to post over there because of the ants and rats.

Last edited:

Stag

It's me again
Jan 1, 1970
Florida
^Dude, yeah. That was a Loooong time ago. I would never wish that sort of pain on anyone nor could I imagine the emotional damage it could cause but you know what, everyone loses loved ones.

Captain Jack

Mar 9, 2006
Northern Virginia
I've gotten to know Jer quite well, actually, over the last few years. And we still talk on the phone at least once a week. His actual demeanor and attitude when having a normal conversation instead of over a message board may actually surprise you. He's mellow, laid-back, easygoing, and funny as hell...

But, back on topic...jeezus, what an ass. The comments in that piece were particularly funny. That's the sort of crazy I expected to see coming out of CA before Archie booted his ass.

I actually had to dig a little into the creative insult bag with that guy...

Last edited:

Closet Racist

Aug 2, 2004
Vortex 4.
Now we get to sit back, wait and watch and try to figure out which TW newbie is really CA...

Jackie, has CA ever been on ST: (R) that you know of? And please tell me I didn't see "spockie girl" gracing your presence there?

Captain Jack

Mar 9, 2006
Northern Virginia
Yes, indeed. Should be interesting.

"vaginal blood fart" I think was one of the more creative terms I threw at him...

Yes, she did. and I think I buried the hatchet effectively with her. At least she stopped by to explain herself. CA never ONCE responded to the thread where he told Bean and I we needed to go rub one out... so at least I respect that much.
I try very hard as an admin to keep the petty trollish shit off of ST(R)... so hopefully with me backing off a bit, that nipped that one in the bud.
We'll see.

Strange lady, that one.
And before Sam or Rich chimes in, no, she didn't take me in and make me breakfast.
Just 'cause I know those clowns too well...

LOL

No, I don't recall seeing anyone like CA there...at least, not yet.

iamspenagain

Cymro's Bitch
Jan 1, 1970
The Nast 'Nati, Ohio
I still think treklady or spock ie girl or whatever is about as trollish as they get. I've worked in the groundskeeping business alongside a plethora of illegal immigrants, and I've STILL not met anyone with a command of the English language quite like hers.

Cymro

Religious Fanatic
Nov 30, 1999
Shitsville, CF63
Captain Jack said:
I try very hard as an admin to keep the petty trollish shit off of ST(R)... so hopefully with me backing off a bit, that nipped that one in the bud.
We'll see.
And as an admin at the Astrobar I don't have to do anything because we disabled the ability to register new accounts. It's still fun to change people's sigs though...

Captain Jack said:
Strange lady, that one.
And before Sam or Rich chimes in, no, she didn't take me in and make me breakfast.
Just 'cause I know those clowns too well...
Maybe not, but I bet you can't get to sleep, cause you're thinking 'bout the implications :)

Status
Not open for further replies.