Prison Break (No spoilers)

Bean

The Awesome One
Jan 1, 1970
Canada eh!
cheese.com
Does anyone watch this show? And if so, do you not agree that tonights episode was one of the best pieces of television you've ever watched?

I jusy watched it and my heat is still pumping. I've never been so completley enveloped in a tv show before. I swear to god, I was feeling what the characters were feeling %100 through the entire episode. My stomach was actually in knots. At one point I seriously thought I was going to throw up from anxiety!:eek::eek::eek:

Damn I love this show!

Brikar

The Dude
Jan 1, 1970
Massachusetts
It's a solid show. Been watching from the beginning. Last night's was pretty good, one of their best. I'm not sure I'd call it one of the best pieces of television I've ever seen, though.

NX-47

Jan 13, 2006
Here, looking at you
Stag said:
Is this show about breaking out of jail?
I think it's about a guy who's brother is wrongly sent to death row, so he gets thrown in the same slammer so that he can bust his brother out.

I haven't seen it, but my grasp of reality makes it hard for me to embrace that plot: I wouldn't expect related felons (esp. one on death row) to be incarcerated together. Besides... if a guy is on death row, then that prison must be for those that committed some nasty crimes... now while it's admirable for the guy to try to bust his bro out, it also means that he must have committed a pretty nasty offense to be put in the same slammer.

Or perhaps I just need to hit a bowl and watch it.

Brikar

The Dude
Jan 1, 1970
Massachusetts
Michael Schoffield's older brother Lincoln is on death row for allegedly murdering the Vice-President's brother in a parking garage. Michael, believing his brother to be innocent, holds up a bank and allows himself to be captured and placed in a lower security section of the same prison his brother is in. Michael works for the company that designed and built the prison, and steals the plans for the building before pulling all this off, turns it into an elaborate artwork and has it tattooed all over his torso.

While Michael is in prison attempting to break out his brother, and do it all without alerting the guards, Lincoln's ex-girlfriend, Veronica (also Lincoln's lawyer) is on the run from the Secret Service, who have been systematically killing everyone who could possibly attest to Lincoln's innocence.

There are various other stories and threads going on, and yeah, it takes a bit of suspension of disbelief, but the show is quite good at crafting compelling cliffhangers and suspense. It's not nearly ridiculous as "24" has become, and it's become quite interesting, since the group of felons Michael has allied himself with to help him get Lincoln out really do turn out to be genuinely bad people (save one or two) and they all plot against each other to be the ones that survive the escape.

Stag

It's me again
Jan 1, 1970
Florida
Hey!!! Who said I stopped drinking, I just talked while I was guzzling...I don't care if the booze spills down the front of my shirt...I had something to say...

Bean

The Awesome One
Jan 1, 1970
Canada eh!
cheese.com
You have more faith in Fox than I do then. I can see them very easily canceling the rest of the show out of spite, just to turn these guys into the subject of fan ire for weeks to come... I mean, they've cancelled shows for less.