New Futurama

Arik

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 1, 2010
Well, that was fun.

New episodes of Futurama on Comedy Central last night. Rocked.

100% better than those crappy movies. Not sure how much I enjoyed the "Scooby Doo"-ness of "Rebirth", but it was a fun romp in the universe. "In-A-Gadda-Da-Leela" was a fun. Not classic, but fun. Loved Zapp in this episode. "Well..."

It certainly feels more like Futurama than the movies did. The characters felt more natural, less forced. They're back to doing what they do best. Half hour comedy.

It looks like Futurama might actually be back.

Brikar

The Dude
Jan 1, 1970
Massachusetts
I liked them a lot.

"Why did their voices change?" "That's the one thing we'll never truly understand..."

These episodes seemed a lot dirtier than ever before. The second episode in particular seemed to be a script composed entirely of double entendres. Not that it's bad, just that it stood out to me is all.

Arik

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 1, 2010
And "The Late Phillip J. Fry" last night basically topped all of the new episodes. Top 10 all time.

Closet Racist

Aug 2, 2004
Vortex 4.
I got caught up on the last two tonight. "The Late Philip J. Fry" episode was taken a short story in my last man on earth book collection. The time machine will only go forward and hero can't find anyone in the future to help him get back to his time and his woman so he goes to the end of time only to discover that all history is cyclical and makes it back to his point of departure.