My PS3 broke...

Arik

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 1, 2010
Damn thing stopped in the middle of a game. I turned it off, and when I turned it back on, it wouldn't recognize discs.

It's under warantee (bought it in Feb.), but now I'm going to have to live without it for 10 days.

:mad:

Closet Racist

Aug 2, 2004
Vortex 4.
Is it a firmware glitch that can be corrected through the miracle of the internet? Possibly the internal fan is clogged and it isn't cooling?

...although, if it is under warranty, I suppose it does't matter.

Last edited:

Arik

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 1, 2010
Is it a firmware glitch that can be corrected through the miracle of the internet? Possibly the internal fan is clogged and it isn't cooling?

...although, if it is under warranty, I suppose it does't matter.
No, apparently there's an issue with the PS3s where the laser that reads the disc becomes mis-aligned. Symptoms mimic my problem exactly, so I'm guessing that's what my issue is.

Arik

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 1, 2010
What really sucks about this is that I've got the Blu-Ray version of The Dark Knight coming tomorrow, and I don't have a player to play it on.

Space Goat

"It's a faaaake!"
Jan 1, 1970
Washington, D.C.
www.hypersyl.com
Well... I'm having multiple surgical procedures on Dec. 16 and so will be in a pain-influenced, drug-fueled haze over Christmas break.

And I won't be able to watch the Dark Knight Blu-Ray until next month, when I'm well enough to return to DC, because my family doesn't have a Blu-Ray player and can't afford it or an HDTV because of the financial crisis.

Just helping keep things in perspective. :p

Cymro

Religious Fanatic
Nov 30, 1999
Shitsville, CF63
Let's be fair, there isn't much more to life than home cinema, gaming and alcohol. If you have a wife and kids, it's the best way to spend time with them. You work hard to make more money to buy a bigger home cinema system, and a bigger house to fit it in.