Kickin' back

iamspenagain

Cymro's Bitch
Jan 1, 1970
The Nast 'Nati, Ohio
(iamspen puts a nickel in the jukebox - or however goddamn much that thing costs nowadays - and plays Let's Go by The Worsties, a far less emo band than their name would imply, grabs a beer from the Barkeep, walks over to a booth, and kicks back.)

I'm at work, and I've run out of work. I got only four hours of sleep last night, but I accidently left my coffee machine's burner on all weekend, so the caraffe is now encrusted with the remains of last Friday's people fuel.

But, hey, it's whatever. I'm in a good mood anyway. My Reds beat the vile Yankees in New York. It's hard to get upset when the Rebel Alliance delivers a blow against the Empire.

My mood remains good despite the fact that the seemingly annual bout of confusion regarding a girl I is in full swing. Goddamnit, I can't get over her, probably because there was never anything definable to be able to get over. Don't tell my girlfriend, it'd be awfully hard to explain to her, the one I wish to spend my life with, why I'm fretting over someone else.

Again, it's whatever. I have a steady flow of beer entering my body whenever I'm not at work. So long as I have that, and so long as I have my girlfriend, and so long as the Cardinals continue to lose games, I'll be happy.

(iamspen walks to the now-silent jukebox, inserts another nickel?, and plays Would you be Impressed by Streetlight Manifesto, before returning to his booth.)

Man. This stream of consiousness shit must be boring for the two or three of you who bother to read it. I certainly hope your day is going as slowly as mine, otherwise you're wasting a lot of time on this garbage.

I want coffee.

iamspenagain

Cymro's Bitch
Jan 1, 1970
The Nast 'Nati, Ohio
Went to the ballpark last night to watch my Reds hammer the best pitcher in the National League. Had a couple thousand-dollar beers and had a good time with my girlfriend and my sister. Nothing beats a trip to the ballpark, even if your situation has you in the nosebleeds.

Next planned game I'll be attending will be vs. Detroit to watch Prince Fielder eat Brandon Phillips during ha home-run trot, though, in all fairness, when you're that big, you're gonna need to replenish your calories before making it all the way home.

iamspenagain

Cymro's Bitch
Jan 1, 1970
The Nast 'Nati, Ohio
Considering my love of baseball and the fact that the ballpark is close enough that taking a cab is cheaper than paying for parking, my one game so far is a little sad. On the other hand, beer is so much cheaper at home.

iamspenagain

Cymro's Bitch
Jan 1, 1970
The Nast 'Nati, Ohio
As it turns out, I'm going to a ballgame with my dad tonight. As much as I sometimes don't like my dad, it should still be a good time, especially if my Reds can make it 7 straight W's, and ESPECIALLY if St. Louis tanks again tonight.

Cymro

Religious Fanatic
Nov 30, 1999
Shitsville, CF63
Seriously though, I don't get why so many people got a kick out of seeing City win. All they've done is prove what we already know; money buys things. I just prefer the Man United style of earning the money to the unsustainable "Sugar Daddy" method of City and Chelsea.