Issues with the upgrade

Arik

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 1, 2010
There have been a lot of javascript changes through the upgrade.

As the files are still named the same, the old files may still be cached by your browser.

If you experience any issues with the site, the first thing that I'm going to ask is that you do a hard refresh. Pressing the control + f5 keys at the same time will flush the cache for this site and reload the new javascript.

Gitch

Consultant Fellationist
Jan 1, 1970
God's own country merry England
Any chance of increasing the contrast between the blue nipples on the front page? My monitor is quite dark when it runs on battery and I really have to squint.

Purely aesthetically, I think that the new reply buttons clash somewhat with the blue. But then anyone who has experienced the vomit inducing cacophany of colours on my blog, will doubtless point out that I should not be giving any advice on colour schemes what so ever.

One last niggle - has the viewed posts log become corrupted? I keep on seeing threads highlighted as having unread posts, but when I open them there is nothing new.

Those aside, it all seems to be working well. Nice job. (and I love the neon logo).

Arik

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 1, 2010
Gitch said:
Any chance of increasing the contrast between the blue nipples on the front page? My monitor is quite dark when it runs on battery and I really have to squint.
Yes. I've just uploaded new ones. Viewed is a darker purple, new is now a brighter blue.

Gitch said:
Purely aesthetically, I think that the new reply buttons clash somewhat with the blue. But then anyone who has experienced the vomit inducing cacophany of colours on my blog, will doubtless point out that I should not be giving any advice on colour schemes what so ever.
They're my favorite out of what I did...which doesn't say much for my taste or talents. :)

I think when I get a moment, I'm going to change them to match the purple headers. That should make them stick out enough without banging people in the face with them.

Or maybe I should try to get the 'bar on Queer Eye...

Gitch said:
One last niggle - has the viewed posts log become corrupted? I keep on seeing threads highlighted as having unread posts, but when I open them there is nothing new.
No, but it's calculating new posts in a different way. Once you mark the posts 'viewed', you shouldn't notice it again.
Gitch said:
Those aside, it all seems to be working well. Nice job. (and I love the neon logo).
Thanks. That's the one thing I hit the first time.

Brikar

The Dude
Jan 1, 1970
Massachusetts
Does the "quick reply" not work yet? No offense, but I don't really like having to "activate" it now by clicking... not that it's a big deal. But the button doesn't seem to work when I clicked on it.

Deslok

regruntled and reemployed
Jan 1, 1970
in front of the computer
Someone mentioned the contrasting colors on the new posts indicator, the light blue doesn't stand out as much as a bright green, yellow, or even red. However, if I were color blind, it wouldn't matter much.

Arik

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 1, 2010
Deslok said:
Someone mentioned the contrasting colors on the new posts indicator, the light blue doesn't stand out as much as a bright green, yellow, or even red. However, if I were color blind, it wouldn't matter much.
Stand out from what? The original comment was geared towards the difference between the new post/no new posts indicator. Are you saying that they still need more contrast? Or contrast brom the other colors on the site?