iPad arcade cabinet

Cymro

Religious Fanatic
Nov 30, 1999
Shitsville, CF63
I'd actually like to know what you do with it. When I type the question into google all I seem to find is chatter about using iPhone apps with a bigger screen, but I have a phone for that stuff. And a laptop for the rest. I don't get it.

Arik

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 1, 2010
I'd actually like to know what you do with it. When I type the question into google all I seem to find is chatter about using iPhone apps with a bigger screen, but I have a phone for that stuff. And a laptop for the rest. I don't get it.
It's also a better resolution than the iPhone provides.

What do I do with it? It's basically replaced my laptop when I travel. When I've got a video, a song, or something digital I want someone to look at, I load it up and throw it in my backpack. I've got photographs on it, videos, music. I find it's less invasive to write at night in bed with it than to use my laptop. I play games (mostly blackjack & poker) while watching TV. It's easier for me to read some books on it than my kindle (admittedly, very few).

Yeah, a lot of that duplicates what I could do with my laptop, but for a lot of it, the iPad is just more convenient. However, I really only bought one because I got an unexpected bonus this year. Without that, I probably wouldn't have gotten it, and I'd be just as happy as I am now.

Brikar

The Dude
Jan 1, 1970
Massachusetts
My sister has one, and she pretty much agrees with that description - it's just faster and easier to use, and more portable than her laptop. But there's also a great deal of stuff she won't do with it, simply because the laptop and her desktop are more powerful and more suited. She's a graphic designer, but the iPad also compliments those two devices and she uses it as a digital portfolio to show clients.

Daxie

Patrons
Jan 1, 1970
Columbus, Ohio
So ironic that I happened to stumble into the bar to catch this conversation on this day.... this morning on my local news they had a story that one of the schools here (rich kids) is giving all of it's students iPads, fully loaded with apps. The purpose is so that the kids can access info for their school work. Yeah..... that's what the kids are gonna use it for, strictly academic... noooooo.... they won't use it for facebook, twitter, downloading music, etc. will they.

BTW... guess who pays for all these iPads.... taxpayers. :rolleyes:

Daxie

Patrons
Jan 1, 1970
Columbus, Ohio
Maybe you should see if you can enroll for a semester Daxie? :D
LOL! I'd have to dye the grey out my hair and find the fountian of youth to even attempt to try to pass for H.S. age ROTF!

Hell.... come to think of it..... IF I did find the fountain of youth, my money worries would be over.... along with a lot of other worries LOL!