I Yearn For The Sweet Release...

Arik

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 1, 2010
It's not the job that's killing me. It's a simple enough job. Computer gives location, I go to location, grab product, throw onto pallet, repeat a million times.

No, it's certainly not the job that's killing me. It's the overtime. Today was my second day. I worked 16 hours. Yesterday it was 10. Tuesday I snuck out of my training after God-knows-how-many hours.

Basically, they're losing people because they're forcing them to work overtime. So, since they already don't have the workforce that they need, they force those stupid few (of whom I am a member) that remain to work more overtime.

It's not that it's a terrible deal. In a day, anything over 8 hours is considered overtime, regardless of how many hours you work in a week. If you come in on a day off, that entire day is automatically overtime. So for people like myself, (i.e. those without a life) it actually turns into a great deal. Get a lot of fucking money, but have no time to spend it. :D

I'm just so fucking exhausted. In my last hour, the only thing that I remember saying was "I don't fucking care anymore."