I finally watched Caprica

Cymro

Religious Fanatic
Nov 30, 1999
Shitsville, CF63
It was a weird series to watch, and to judge.

Never before have I been so conflicted about whether or not I like a series. It was definitely a fail, but an entirely new kind of fail. Every episode, every storyline, every character was somehow really good and really bad at the same time, But the telling thing is that when I got to the end, I was happy because I didn't have to think about it anymore. But I still kind of wanted to see where it would go.

My feeling is that had it been on a different network, and had its creators chosen a slightly better writing staff, and made the references to the series that spawned it a bit less "Nod, nod, wink, winky", it could have been a great show.

Tupperfan

Forgot to bring booze...
Sep 16, 2009
The bush, Canada
Pretty spot on assessment.

As much as sometimes it felt like it was truly fleshing out the BSG world while having a life of its own, there was other times where the nods and fitting shit together felt forced as fuck.

Way better than the Blood and Chrome turd, though!

Bean

The Awesome One
Jan 1, 1970
Canada eh!
cheese.com
See now I liked Blood and Chrome. Caprica I agree with you guys, it was just all over the place. It could have been really good but there was just too much junk mixed in with it.

And there's no reason it had to involve Adama.