Holy Shit!!!

The newest version of Truespace (7.6) is.....completely FREE!!!! As in....no strings attached free!! And since Truespace has always been my 3d program of choice, I no longer have to get a copy from my buddy who pays for it, or pirate it like I did for version 4 and 5!!!!

7.6's default GUI is a thing of beauty....very fucking stylish compared to 5. Just installed...now I gotta figure out where all the damn buttons are. At least I'm on a better computer than I was with 5 tho!!!

Woo Hoo!!!

Cymro

Religious Fanatic
Nov 30, 1999
Shitsville, CF63
Blender sucks ass, I had to do it in Uni. Unfortunately, free doesn't necessarily mean consumer friendly, so it has a sort of "experimental" interface.

Brikar

The Dude
Jan 1, 1970
Massachusetts
Blender sucks ass, I had to do it in Uni. Unfortunately, free doesn't necessarily mean consumer friendly, so it has a sort of "experimental" interface.
Yeah, that's really my issue with it. I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around how stuff works. It took me a while to learn Lightwave, but I was able to at least complete rudimentary animations fairly soon. But Blender has me almost completely mystified.

Brikar

The Dude
Jan 1, 1970
Massachusetts
I finally looked into this and it turns out there's no Mac version of Truespace. I've been thinking of installing Boot Camp so I can put some of my Windows stuff on here, so maybe I'll just do that and stick with my ancient version of Lightwave.

Sadly, there still doesn't seem to be a decent public domain version of the 1701-D because I've been itching to do a bigger badder version of my "Best of Both Worlds" edit.