Hmmm more video ideas...

Brikar

The Dude
Jan 1, 1970
Massachusetts
I'm still plugging along with that SG-1 edit. I put a lot of things off when I moved this summer.

But recently I rewatched the DVD of "The Best of Both Worlds" that I made and honestly I think I want to take another crack at it, start over from the beginning. There were rough edits all over the place that I'm sure I can smooth out.

And one of the things I wanted to experiment with is the sound mix. Just to see if it can be done, I'd like to strip away all the music and sound effects as much as possible, leaving just the dialogue and rebuild the mix with new music and sound effects. Ron Jones' score is great, but obviously limited by a TV budget. I'd like to try substituting some of Jerry Goldsmith's work from the movies, specifically "First Contact" and "Nemesis". "First Contact" is the more obvious of the two in that it also features the Borg, and "Nemesis" has some appropriately chilling and heroic cues for action sequences, and a certain synth-heavy vibe that works well without sounding cheap.

I don't at all know if this is possible. I'm going to do a run through maybe of a single scene just to see what will work and what won't.

Ultimately, I'd love to redo the special effects, as well. The lack of a good 1701-D model is the only thing keeping me from it, since it requires little more than the D, a Borg cube and a few other choice ships and planets.

But oh well. Here goes on version 3 of this project.