Fuck!

Bean

The Awesome One
Jan 1, 1970
Canada eh!
cheese.com
Ok. So when I was offered the managment position in this crummy little town, the pay offered was 25 to 30000 a year plus bonuses which would probably put me around 32000 a year when it's all said and done.

Here's how managers at Radio Shack get paid. The stores are devided up into classes

AA 2 million dollars in sales a year

A 1 to 2 million

B 700,000 to 1 million

C 500,000 to 700,000

D less than 500,000

My store having only opened last July, didn't have any previous numbers by which to class it, so they do an estimate based on business in the area, location etc... Long story short, they classed it as B. So I get paid a B managers salary plus bonus.

Our fiscal year ends march 31st (ironically on my birthday). The store has been DRASTICALLY slower than they had anticipated, and has done in the vicinity of 350,000 since August 1st. That means that the class of the store will be dropped from B to D. Unfortunatley that means mypay will be cut from 27,000 plus bonus, to 19,000 plus half the bonus I would have gotten.

So I called my District manager today and asked if this applied to me where the store hadn't been open for a full fiscal year, and I've only been in the store since Jan 20.

HIS RESPONSE WAS VERY SIMPLY that I should have been able to turn the numbers around in the month that I've been there, so I have nobody o blame for the paycut but myself.

Let me explain the entire situation, the store has not had a manager since it opened. The previous managers all went on stress leave or sick leave having spent less than a collective 20 hrs in the store since Aug. 1st. That's FOUR managers people! So not only am I STILL doing paperwork from August, but I have no real training as far as managerial duties, AND I only have one employee

AND

IT"S ALL MY FUCKING FAULT APPARENTLY!!!

GODDAMMIT!!!!!!!!!!!

Rorschach

Jan 1, 1970
Cocksuckers! Sounds like you should get the "Buddy Bradley Discount" on a lot of electronics, if you know what I mean.

Bean

The Awesome One
Jan 1, 1970
Canada eh!
cheese.com
*Bean holds up his new palm pilot and cell phone*

Actually, I have them justifiably for work use, but I think if they shaft me that when I quit (and I will) I may "forget" that I have them..

Arik

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 1, 2010
Now you know why I don't want to go back into sales. :drevil:

All honesty, that sucks. Hard.

If (when?) you do quit, don't forget to go postal on their asses. :evilgrin:

Jan 1, 1970
Columbus, Ohio
Um... Yeah.... I think you may need a new hard drive for your computer too.... some sort of "inventory error" ;)

Yeah... I think it's about time for a fifth manager to go on "stress leave". ;)

Stag

It's me again
Jan 1, 1970
Florida
That is totally fucked, holy crap. Dude, I am sorry to hear about that. But as stated above, compensation comes in many ways and if your DM is going to be a dick about it, can't you talk to HR?

Bean

The Awesome One
Jan 1, 1970
Canada eh!
cheese.com
If by HR you mean human resources, no. Our head office is run by a bunch of people who have never been in a store in their lives, andthus don't much give a fuck for the field staff.

Also, there is nothing head office likes to see more, than money saved. If that means they piss of a manager, so be it. After all, what do they care, their not the ones who have to deal with me.

Oh yeah, and Daxie, I can't go on stress leave until I've been with the company three months, the last store I worked at I wasn't officially employed by the company (long story).