Farscape review thread

Brikar

The Dude
Jan 1, 1970
Massachusetts
2x11 "A Kiss is But a Kiss" - The crew visits a neutral planet where Crichton becomes engaged to the royal princess just as the Peacekeepers and the Scarrans are attempting to undermine her regime. This episode was great, finally beginning to dig into a romance between Crichton and Aeryn, letting D'Argo and Chiana get together and bringing back the excellent Wayne Pygram as Scorpius. Some of the political maneuvering is kinda "...huh?" but for the most part this episode is a lot of fun.

2x12 "I do, I think" - Crichton marries the princess to save himself and the crew from Scorpius as Moya and Zhaan encounter Moya's builders, who say she must die because they don't want her giving birth to more gunships. This middle part is a bit messy, but continues on the story from the previous episode and leads into the third part. It's a bit hard to judge it on its own, as the middle part, but I didn't enjoy this one quite as much as the first. Crichton manages to survive jumping into open space, which is probably the dumbest part of the whole episode.

2x13 "The Maltese Crichton" - Crichton is turned into a statue while Aeryn explores a barren desert and the Scarrans make their move to usurp control of the planet. This episode was a bit messy, like the previous part. I'm not really certain what the point was of Crichton doing certain things like having sex with a Peacekeeper spy, or Aeryn's random trip into the desert. Still, it manages to redeem itself in the end and the final scenes are nice and emotional. A good musical score, too.

Bean

The Awesome One
Jan 1, 1970
Canada eh!
cheese.com
This was the first of Farscapes "three parters".The next one is a while away, but trust me when I say, it's fucking phenomenal! The next 3 parter is actually how I got hooked on the show. I watched the first two parts and was instantly hooked. I know that's not a lot of comfort right now, but it's worth waiting for...

Brikar

The Dude
Jan 1, 1970
Massachusetts
2x14 "Beware of Dog" - Chiana and D'Argo bring a creature aboard Moya that supposedly hunts and kills parasites, but they soon begin to suspect that the creature itself may be the parasite. This episode was kind of meh. My attention kept wandering, though it had some funny bits.

2x15 "Won't Get Fooled Again" - Crichton wakes up on Earth (again) and quickly begins to suspect that someone is fooling with his brain (again). At first, I groaned when this episode started, but by about ten minutes in, I was totally into the groove. This episode is utterly hilarious and the cast is totally game to play along. The more ridiculous Crichton's delusions get, the more fun they appear to be having. Even better, this is no throwaway episode, thanks to the excellent final scene between Crichton and "Harvey" that holds a TON of promise for the future.