Daxie's Baaaaaack! (even Though I'm Still A Guest)

G

Hey all! I'm back! Sorry I left for so long but with the death of my aunt, starting a new job and driving 60-some miles (one way) on the weekends to help clean out over a 100 years worth of stuff in my aunt's house I haven't had much time to do anything else.

WHEN AM I GOING TO GET MY NAME BACK???? :( :( Geez... now I know what Worf felt like. :_(

Anyways.... I'm back now and I missed y'all.... Kisses to everyone... even Sirgets I guess LOL •gives Sirgets big kiss and hug•

Well I hope y'all behaved youselves while I was gone.... what am I thinking? of course you guys didn't! :D

I got the post whore game updated if anyone is intrested (FYI)

G

Originally posted by Arik Peterson@Oct 19 2003, 03:46 PM
WHEN AM I GOING TO GET MY NAME BACK????
Sorry. You haven't been around and I've been busy so I let it slip down my list of priorities.

So I'm gone for a litle while and you put me out of your mind? ...well I just feel so loved right now.

I'm going to the bar and salk for awhile and pass out with Sirgets.

Hey Bean and Cymro... nice dance you did, but was it really nessicery to take your pants off first? (how ever the heck you spell that word but you know what I mean! :p)

Arik

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 1, 2010
Originally posted by Guest+Oct 19 2003, 10:08 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Guest @ Oct 19 2003, 10:08 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Arik Peterson@Oct 19 2003, 03:46 PM
WHEN AM I GOING TO GET MY NAME BACK????
Sorry. You haven't been around and I've been busy so I let it slip down my list of priorities.

So I'm gone for a litle while and you put me out of your mind? [/b][/quote]
No. Other things have crept up that have been omnipresent in my life. Your problem has not. So I attack the things that are a constant bother and the things that aren't creep down my list.

G

Originally posted by Arik Peterson@Oct 20 2003, 09:51 AM
No. Other things have crept up that have been omnipresent in my life. Your problem has not. So I attack the things that are a constant bother and the things that aren't creep down my list.
Sorry Arik, I ment that as a joke. I didn't mean to piss you off or anything. I know you have alot of stuff going on right now that are bigger than my problem. I did mean that as a joke, I guess I didn't convey that too well. Still love ya!

G

Originally posted by NortheastOfMostOfYa@Oct 20 2003, 08:32 AM
Good to see you back, I'm sorry to hear about your aunt. Must've been some pretty neat stuff in that 100 years of gathering though...
Thank yoi for you sympathy.

Yes, it has been pretty neat finding some of this stuff. Some of it was my aunts (great-aunt really, just always called her 'aunt') and some was my great-grandmother's (granny). The house my aunt had was my great-grandma's and my aunt always lived there, she nevered married. When my granny died, everything was left to my aunt and she never got rid of anything.

I did get some of the stuff. Two wood handmade sewing boxes and the chime clock. Not sure about the sewing boxes, but the chime clock was bought when my granny and great-grandpa were married, between 1900 and 1915. I'd like to take these things to an antique dealer to find out how old they are and how much they're worh (not that I'm selling them, I'm just curious). The clock is proudly sitting on a shelf ticking away and chimming the hour and the sewing boxes anr alread filled with yarn ready for my to crochet a blakent.

I also got some other little nick-nacks to have around to remind me of the times I had visiting my aunt and granny when I was younger.

We found some old portraits in the attic that turned out to be my granny and grat-grandpa's wedding pictures and one that was my great-great grandparents wedding picture.

It's hard to go through this stuff, emotionally, but at the same time it's kind of fun, almost like a treasure hunt.

Arik

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 1, 2010
Originally posted by Guest+Oct 21 2003, 08:21 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Guest @ Oct 21 2003, 08:21 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Arik Peterson@Oct 20 2003, 09:51 AM
Sorry Arik, I ment that as a joke. I didn't mean to piss you off or anything. I know you have alot of stuff going on right now that are bigger than my problem. I did mean that as a joke, I guess I didn't convey that too well. Still love ya! [/b][/quote]
Oh, okay! Love ya too!

Jan 1, 1970
New Hamster
Originally posted by Guest+Oct 22 2003, 02:37 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Guest @ Oct 22 2003, 02:37 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-NortheastOfMostOfYa@Oct 20 2003, 08:32 AM
Good to see you back, I'm sorry to hear about your aunt.  Must've been some pretty neat stuff in that 100 years of gathering though...
Thank yoi for you sympathy.

Yes, it has been pretty neat finding some of this stuff. Some of it was my aunts (great-aunt really, just always called her 'aunt') and some was my great-grandmother's (granny). The house my aunt had was my great-grandma's and my aunt always lived there, she nevered married. When my granny died, everything was left to my aunt and she never got rid of anything.

I did get some of the stuff. Two wood handmade sewing boxes and the chime clock. Not sure about the sewing boxes, but the chime clock was bought when my granny and great-grandpa were married, between 1900 and 1915. I'd like to take these things to an antique dealer to find out how old they are and how much they're worh (not that I'm selling them, I'm just curious). The clock is proudly sitting on a shelf ticking away and chimming the hour and the sewing boxes anr alread filled with yarn ready for my to crochet a blakent.

I also got some other little nick-nacks to have around to remind me of the times I had visiting my aunt and granny when I was younger.

We found some old portraits in the attic that turned out to be my granny and grat-grandpa's wedding pictures and one that was my great-great grandparents wedding picture.

It's hard to go through this stuff, emotionally, but at the same time it's kind of fun, almost like a treasure hunt. [/b][/quote]
Wow! I've lost all my grandparents and a few of my aunts and uncles at this point, so I understand the loss, but finding tokens of your family's history is a pretty amazing thing. I have many many cousins, so most of them got what's left of my grandparent's estate. You're lucky that you have some of these treasures.

G

Originally posted by Cymro@Oct 28 2003, 02:16 PM
Well, since I'm the favourite, my grandparents will hopefully leave me the most, but, hopefully, that'll be a long time coming as well.
They told the other grandkids that they're the favorite too! :þ LOL j/k

I hope it's a long time away as well. It's hard losing someone you're close to.