Daredevil

Brikar

The Dude
Jan 1, 1970
Massachusetts
Recent news about Fox moving ahead with a new 'Daredevil' movie made me want to go ahead and draw Marvel's Man Without Fear. I redesigned the costume a bit... I wanted him to look a bit more functional and also a couple callbacks to his ninja training origins. This is where I'm at with it so far.

Attachments

Arik

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 1, 2010
I don't read the comic book...but the style made me think of the Teen Titans series from a while back. Looks good.

Brikar

The Dude
Jan 1, 1970
Massachusetts
I don't read the comic book...but the style made me think of the Teen Titans series from a while back. Looks good.
The run by Brian Bendis and Alex Maleev is freaking awesome. It runs about 70 issues. The essential gist of it is that some young upstart mafia punk finds out that Kingpin has known Daredevil's secret identity, but hasn't done anything about it and manages to convince the other capos that the Kingpin has gone soft and needs to be taken out. When he fails to do so, he sells Daredevil's identity in return for FBI protection, and that gets leaked to the press. It was really freakin' epic. Sadly, they've largely wiped out any consequences that it had when they rebooted the character (he's gone insane and is a villain now :confused: ) but that run is still excellent, and the art is amazing (though it takes some getting used to). The whole thing feels like a gritty, noir-ish "The Godfather" with super heroes.