Damn ITS...

Brikar

The Dude
Jan 1, 1970
Massachusetts
What is it with these people? Is there a rule somewhere that says anyone who works for ITS needs to be a total idiot?

Yes, damn you, the ethernet cord is plugged in. Yes, damn you, the computer is fucking turned on. Yes, damn you, I have restarted the computer. Yes, damn you, I've checked to see if the ethernet card is having problems. Yes, damn you, Windows is working.

GOD DAMN IT, yes, I tried plugging it into another jack. It worked. So you know what that means? That the first jack is broken. So maybe you should get your worthless ass down here and fix it, you lazy piece of shit!

YES, GOD DAMN IT, I ALREADY TOLD YOU THAT IT'S PLUGGED IN.... Why can't I just keep it in the other jack? Well, maybe because there are two people here and two computers that both need to use the fucking internet!!!

JESUS!

Wow, I feel better...

Bean

The Awesome One
Jan 1, 1970
Canada eh!
cheese.com
Unfortunatley some of those suggestions to work. And because of thse few mindless boobs who forget the basic things like plugging in the computer, IT people have to start a the botom of the list and work their way up. So don't curse them, curse the fucking morons who DO forget to plg in the phone cord, or the power cord, or resart the machine, or turn it on in the first place.

The maority of these people are senior ciizens or frenchmen who are just o damned lazy to learn how something works, and think that it's the rest of the worlds responsibility o maketheir computers "go".

Morons, lowering the competency standard for everyone....

Brikar

The Dude
Jan 1, 1970
Massachusetts
I wouldn't mind if, at the very beginning of the conversation, I hadn't told him all of that right away just so that he wouldn't ask me those questions. I told him that I'm more experienced than the average user, and this is what I tried and I told him about the jack. And then he proceeds to ask those damn questions, and OF COURSE the supervisor isn't around...

At least now it's back. Don't even ask me how it happened = Nearly 48 hours go buy, and all of a sudden my buddylist pops up and I'm like, "What the hell...?"

Cujo

Lover AND a Fighter
Jan 1, 1970
Canada eh!
cyberstorm.ca
HA ha ha! I actually had a woman call today with a "hibernation" problem on her laptop. She couldn't get it to turn on. I asked her if it was plugged in & she swore that it was. So I went down to see her and lo & behold... it WASN'T plugged in! Her battery died on her. She apparently assumed that since her radio was working and plugged into the powerbar that her laptop should be the same.

IT people have to assume everyone is an idiot.

Deslok

regruntled and reemployed
Jan 1, 1970
in front of the computer
Y'know, some people are born with an innate aptitude for mechanical things, others are not. For the simple functioning of a computer I have never read a manual, I figured out much of what I know all by myself, but some people really are lost when it comes to this stuff. Like people who use the mouse for EVERYTHING drive me absolutely nuts, especially when time is of the essence. Same goes for people who type in www into the address bar. AAAARRRGGH!!! :bat:

But for someone to not have the common sense to check the power bar are just beyond the level of imbecile. IMAO they don't deserve to own a computer.

Bean

The Awesome One
Jan 1, 1970
Canada eh!
cheese.com
HA ha ha!  I actually had a woman call today with a "hibernation" problem on her laptop.  She couldn't get it to turn on.  I asked her if it was plugged in & she swore that it was.  So I went down to see her and lo & behold... it WASN'T plugged in!  Her battery died on her.  She apparently assumed that since her radio was working and plugged into the powerbar that her laptop should be the same.

IT people have to assume everyone is an idiot.
So she couldn't turn on her laptop....

(Insert lewd comment here)

Cymro

Religious Fanatic
Nov 30, 1999
Shitsville, CF63
I wouldn't mind if, at the very beginning of the conversation, I hadn't told him all of that right away just so that he wouldn't ask me those questions.  I told him that I'm more experienced than the average user, and this is what I tried and I told him about the jack.  And then he proceeds to ask those damn questions, and OF COURSE the supervisor isn't around...

At least now it's back.  Don't even ask me how it happened = Nearly 48 hours go buy, and all of a sudden my buddylist pops up and I'm like, "What the hell...?"
You may have nudged an insecure connection into place or something, it's happened to me before, but of course, other than the pc itself, every cable and input device(except joypad) I use with it dates back to 1996 or earlier.

My main issue with internet access is that after I've sucked up a certain amount bandwidth,the router I'm behind disables my workstation, either that or my father does it because it slows him down. Of couse, I know all the fucking passwords so it's not too hard to restore all my network privledges.

Bean

The Awesome One
Jan 1, 1970
Canada eh!
cheese.com
Unfortunatley, and I have to deal with it regularly, EVERYONE that calls says that they know what they're doing, so the techs have to assume that everyone is lying.

If people were just more willing to admit they don't know what they're doing, things would be so much easier. It's the same with stereos, tvs, computers, batteries....

The best part, is people who ask you if their computer can be fixed, and believe you know what you're talking about until you tell them something they don't want to hear (i.e can't be fixed, will cost alot etc...) then all of a sudden they think they know more than you...

Cujo

Lover AND a Fighter
Jan 1, 1970
Canada eh!
cyberstorm.ca
The best part, is people who ask you if their computer can be fixed, and believe you know what you're talking about until you tell them something they don't want to hear (i.e can't be fixed, will cost alot etc...) then all of a sudden they think they know more than you...
I hear ya Bean... its like, if you don't want to hear what my solution is, don't bother asking me in the fucking first place.

Sirgets

AKA SIRGETS
Jan 1, 1970
CANADA EH!
I'm a technician and fucking hate having to call for support for anything even when you tell them you are a certified tech they still treat you like a total moran.

Arik

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 1, 2010
I'm a technician and fucking hate having to call for support for anything even when you tell them you are a certified tech they still treat you like a total moran.
I hate being five minutes into a conversation and realizing that I know more than the person I'm talking to.