Problem Change Has Come....alot

Pencil Monkey

Jan 1, 1970
A tall tree
Heh.. I said come alot

Anywho...

(disclaimer)Arik, this is just my personal opinion, no harm is meant by this towards you in anyway.

Why the bloody hell does the site change every goddamn day? I enjoyed coming here because of a sense of familiarity, where the hell is that sense now? why it's on many OTHER sites I go to. "Change is coming. Change is good" I'll agree.. change is always coming and change is mostly good. I'll admit.. I like where you're taking the site.. but having a different bloody site 5 days a week is kinda...well... annoying man. I know everyone seems to be all gung-ho about this. And I am too to a point. Yer gonna change the site COOL! I'm all for it, change IS good man... but every second time I'm on here it's different. call me slow but I didn't know where the bloody forum was first time I found this new start page. I learned to accept it, it was neat. and now it's different, again.

It seems like you're just tryin something new everyday with the site.. which is kinda cool.... but.. ya kinda get the feel that you're just dickin around tho.. and shouldn't that be done at home, and THEN put it up when it's what you want?

I dunno, it's just botherin me that I don't even recognize a bloody thing about this "board" anymore.

bah.. I'm gonna go read some poorly drawn/written online comics, that'll cheer me up

Arik

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 1, 2010
It's not changing every day. I changed the forum software because this software is easier on the server. It's less bulky, and it's more secure, and it has several options that I'd have had to hack the old forum to add. I added the portal page as an extention of something that Deslok and I were discussing at the old place.

The only thing that I've done without testing first was the old forum, so that we'd have someplace to post. I have eight different portals installed on my hard drive. I had three more installed on this server. I had another couple of copies of different forum software up here, too. I've literally been stuck to my computer for the past month testing things out for this community. So, no. I'm not "dicking around" (and how has the site changed five times this week?).

I'm glad you like the direction I'm taking this community. You can rest easy, I'm not going to institute any grand changes for a while. I've got my personal home page to worry about, plus a bunch of shit to take care of off-line. So, besides adding a couple of modules, the site's going to stay prety much the same.

Arik

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 1, 2010
Unless of course Dax can't log in anymore. Then I'll have to change to something else.