Can someone lay out the grounds for the Astroverse for me?

Deslok

regruntled and reemployed
Jan 1, 1970
in front of the computer
Well, on the old board we talked about it and argued about what to do. It can be anything really. Me and Lens have been writing snippets that look like they might weave into a larger story. If anyone has any art (once that feature is up) they can post it, someone might render what the ships or characters in a story might look like. I would say that it's a pretty free place but posts here have to have something to do with the Astroverse. If someone wants to create a character but don't want to write a story, at least provide a biography of some sort so we can include him or her or it in the story.

Each person's entry into the Astroverse is like a character in a game. No one may use another's entry as their own. That means no taking over another's creations. A little dialogue is okay but that's all. For instance, If my character needs to interact with Lens' character, it will be breif but enough to move the story forward. Ultimately though, I want to just write a big story. The events are the main focus. Characters, no matter how often I use them are still going to be secondary to the Star system and the bigger drama. But anything could possibly happen, create a logo, design a star map, create a strange planet that needs investigating, etc.

No major rules, just respect other people's submissions to the Astroverse!
Inappropriate content in this forum will moved or deleted. This does not include swearing :cus:

Up until now, I've only done artwork for my own area of space. It was the planet shots I emailed to you some months ago. I had a rough outline of a type of story, I'm no writer though, but mainly I wanted to art. So if that's all you want to do.....that's it. Just say "This is my area of space, here's some images" and that would work.

If you wanted to do nothing more than an encyclopedia of your space, without trying to write a story with characters, dialogue, plot, etc, that'd work too. As Deslok stated, all of these things would be in the same galaxy, but never really need cross-over. If you wanted, you could probably get one of the writers to write up your ideas's into a story.

It's a multi-media universe with few rules on how to present your ideasempire to the rest of us. Again, so far I've just done some planetscapes, and havn't really thought out what to do next in Desloks story, but I'm working on it.

Deslok

Jan 1, 1970
in front of the computer
Again, so far I've just done some planetscapes, and havn't really thought out what to do next in Desloks story, but I'm working on it.
Hey, the Astroverse is massive and it belongs to all of us. There's no limit to what creative things can come out of this section of the AB. I did a recruitment poster for the Atlasian Defence force which I'll post when that feature is available. Basically, anything goes. Have fun all!

OMG!!! It's 2:17 already :sleep: :coffee:

Deslok

Jan 1, 1970
in front of the computer
Hey, can we get rid of the description that follows the Astroverse on the menu? It says:if anyone's still interested. That sounds so negative. How about something like: The Astroverse: A work in progress.

Just a suggestion :explode:

Arik

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 1, 2010
Hey, can we get rid of the description that follows the Astroverse on the menu?  It says:if anyone's still interested.  That sounds so negative.  How about something like: The Astroverse: A work in progress.

Just a suggestion :explode:
Yeah, I did that because on the other board it was the second most unused forum (right after the fic forum :)).

I'm going to prune a few more things today, and alter Bean's accessability, so I'll change it then.

EDIT: Like it?

Deslok

Jan 1, 1970
in front of the computer
Thanks Vis.

I hope you and Brikar will be contributing when the urge hits ya, also Cymro and his visual renditions, and perhaps he'll compose a theme song... (okay, I'll shut up now) :beam:

Arik

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 1, 2010
Thanks Vis.

I hope you and Brikar will be contributing when the urge hits ya, also Cymro and his visual renditions, and perhaps he'll compose a theme song... (okay, I'll shut up now) :beam:
Actually, I already have an idea for a quickie.

Deslok

Jan 1, 1970
in front of the computer
Also, nobody should feel compelled to try and add onto my story thingie if they don't really want to.

After more contributions are made, this forum should serve as a repository for all things Astroverse, whether they be connected to one another or not.

Species and races may be referred to, as well as planets and phenomena, I briefly used Lens' character in the contextual backdrop of what I wrote, but for the most part much of what I write will be my own invention until I get more data about this realm we're exploring. Nobody should hijack another's creations, particularly characters and ships and the like. I may find a planet described by another interesting at some point and wish to explore it on my own, but I will try not to bastardize a planet that someone else has created.

One more thing, can this thread be given a sticky so that it stays at the top? The rules for a forum like this should be given priority. On second thought, perhaps I'll write up a concise set of rules in a locked thread just so that it's easier for anyone entering here to find out how to proceed.

Need sleep soon :coffee:

Arik

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 1, 2010

One more thing, can this thread be given a sticky so that it stays at the top?  The rules for a forum like this should be given priority.  On second thought, perhaps I'll write up a concise set of rules in a locked thread just so that it's easier for anyone entering here to find out how to proceed.

Need sleep soon :coffee:
I can do it...but so can you!

Edit the top post, go below the four check-boxes to where it says "Post this as" and pick sticky.

Any problems, let me know.