Busted...

Stag

It's me again
Jan 1, 1970
Florida
Don't know if I believe it, especially the part about the corkscrew and the champagne bit. Nice kid though, I think he would fit right in here.

Jan 1, 1970
Columbus, Ohio
The worst part is, you know that by the time Christmas rolls around, the parents will buy him another PS2... or PS3 if they come out with one (and I'm sure that Sony has started to stockpile them for the Christmas rush).

What I don't understand is, if they're selling the PS2 as punishment, why aren't there any games with it? If he played his "beloved" PS2 for "hours on end" where are the games? What's the point of keeping them if they don't intend to buy him another one?

I think the story is a hoax and the PS2 is a "fell off the back of the truck" special.

Rorschach

Jan 1, 1970
Daxie said:
The worst part is, you know that by the time Christmas rolls around, the parents will buy him another PS2... or PS3 if they come out with one (and I'm sure that Sony has started to stockpile them for the Christmas rush).
Nah, they'll probably buy him a nice new EXPENSIVE Honda Civic and put all that wannabe racer shit all over it, 'cause "What baby wants, baby gets", and all the other kids have one...

Brikar

The Dude
Jan 1, 1970
Massachusetts
I can see taking it away for a few weeks or a month... but fucking selling it? That's cruel. If you ask me, it's a far worse punishment to HAVE it, but not be able to PLAY it.

Gitch

Consultant Fellationist
Jan 1, 1970
God's own country merry England
Yeah, but fair enough. We all had a laugh (and its given a few friends ideas!). Its salesmanship at the end of the day and (I assume) that they aren't lying about the machine's capabilities etc to force the price up.

Good luck to them I say!