Beer Appreciation thread.

Stag

It's me again
Jan 1, 1970
Florida
I have started drinking Landshark Beer since I moved to florida. It is pretty tasty and I can drink a shit load of em.

However, when drinking tap, my preference is Bittburger, if I can find it. Bottled Bittburger is piss in a glass but tht e draft stuff is de-licious.

Closet Racist

Aug 2, 2004
Vortex 4.
I can't find anything that will pass for authentic meade. Every time I go to a renfaire some asshole with a phoney accent tries to pass off a mixture of white wine and honey
(?) as the stuff.

Jun 13, 2006
Drunkards of the world, Unite! Throw off the shackles of sobriety! Join the Communist Party!

Unfortunately the t-shirt is sold out in my size. Hopefully they'll run off more.

Jun 13, 2006
The best political survey ever. I mean EVER!

CQ Politics | Poll Tracker - The Drinking Habits of Democrats and Republicans!

The company that makes Jim Beam bourbon, Canadian Club and Courvoisier has done a survey of about 100 Washington, D.C. bartenders in preparation for the conventions to determine their drink selections and bar behavior.
  • Democrats tip better than Republicans by a large margin.
  • Republicans hit it harder: By 82 percent to 14 percent, they are more likely to order a drink straight up. Democrats, by 58 percent to 34 percent, are more likely to order a fruity drink.
  • Democrats have better pick-up lines than Republicans by 74 percent to 14 percent. They also give better toasts by a margin of 63 percent to 36 percent.
  • Republicans are a hair more likely to beat Democrats to happy hour, while Democrats have a 7 point advantage when it comes to being the last to go home.

Closet Racist

Aug 2, 2004
Vortex 4.
Ancient Yeast Reborn in Modern Beer

"Sept. 23, 2008 -- Trapped inside a Lebanese weevil covered in ancient Burmese amber, a tiny colony of bacteria and yeast has lain dormant for up to 45 million years. A decade ago Raul Cano, now a scientist at the California Polytechnic State University, drilled a tiny hole into the amber and extracted more than 2,000 different kinds of microscopic creatures..."

Closet Racist

Aug 2, 2004
Vortex 4.
The end of an era:

I've been collecting theses for exactly twenty years and it's time to move on. A few will be spared (like the Shiner bottles not seen here) but most will be in the recycling bin in a few hours...

Farewell, old friends. I loved each and every one of you. Except for "Special Export".

Last edited: