Beer Appreciation thread.

Closet Racist

Aug 2, 2004
Vortex 4.
I'm here at the local (?) pub with a shitty American beer in each hand, working my way t0 the good Belgian stuff...

I drive ten miles to get here, called my drinking buddies and one says "oh, I forgot to tell you, I'm in Arizona" and my roommate weasled out because he's addicted to GTA4 and scored a bunch of pot. Bugger all.

Brikar

The Dude
Jan 1, 1970
Massachusetts
I'm not terribly picky about beer... as long as it's not PBR. Can't stand that shit, but my roommate buys it.

I generally tend to gravitate toward Killians and the various Sam Adams beers. There's a place in Salem that makes a brew called Witch City Red that's really good, too.

iamspenagain

Cymro's Bitch
Jan 1, 1970
The Nast 'Nati, Ohio
Killian's is glorified shit, honestly. It's better than Miller and the like, but not by a whole lot. It's reasonably ok on tap, IMHO, but out the bottle, it's just not worth it. Sam Adams is probably one of my favorite brews, though, and it's brewed right here in Cincinnati. I'm a picky bastard, I know, but I'm willing to pay a bit extra for quality.

Closet Racist

Aug 2, 2004
Vortex 4.
I don't have a problem with cheap beers like Pabst, Pearl, Schaeffer, Schlitz, etc. I'd drink a lot more of them if I could find them in bottles instead of aluminium cans.

I DO have a problem with shit-flavoured "premium" beers (Miller, Budweiser) ramming the idea that they are THE premium beer to drink if you're a REAL American (mullet, hard hat, plaid shirt, etc.). And fuck their "lite" counterparts.

God dammit...five hours til I can drink...