regruntled and reemployed
Jan 1, 1970
in front of the computer
Planet: Atlas

Equatorial Diameter: 25,187 k

Surface gravity: 1.12g

Length of day: 26 hrs 15 mins xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Length of year: 397 days

Number of moons: 3 (Largo, Yawlap, and Olap)

Atmospheric Composition

Oxygen: 23.2%

Nitrogen: 74.4

Carbon Dioxide and inert gases: 2.4

Atlas is the homeworld of a race of people called the Chennon. After the dawn of their space age, technology grew swiftly and many Chennon colonized the nearby moon called Largo, a moon with an atmosphere. The colonists demanded independence from Atlas and a long and bloody civil war ensued. Owing to the planet's numerous islands and atolls, Atlas grew over time to become an extremely diverse world with a complicated infrastructure. Island groups make up the local governing bodies, these governing bodies generally tend to fall into the jurisdiction of larger governing bodies known as The Hemispheric Congress. The war on Atlas was further complicated by the discovery of what appeared to be the remains of a crashed alien craft and a temporary settlement on Largo. The sparse technological edge gained by Largo was the deciding factor in the war, and after countless years of fighting, Largo finally won their independence from Atlas and is now recognized as a sovereign world.

Families generally tend to own all or part of the smaller islands and they stay in the family, cities exist on the larger ones. Until the settlement of Largo, the main industries of Atlas were: lumber and stone, mining, and various food staples and the processing thereof. After the establishment of Largo there was a sharp increase in technology, although the planet remained focused on agrarian concerns. Farms exist on all familial settlements. Shipping is also a huge industry, as is exploration of the sea.

Wildlife on Atlas abounds with birds and fish. The people of Atlas seem to be a sort of balance between both. The Chennon eat birds and fish, but rarely eat the few mammalian varieties. A few of the more primative island groups still eat mammals, but only during special ceremonies and events owing to their special nature.

Deslok

regruntled and reemployed
Jan 1, 1970
in front of the computer
Actually, now that I've had some sleep, I see the errors of my ways. The planet should be much warmer overall with little change of seasons owing to the amount of water on the planet's surface.

Forget the discrepancy between summer and winter. I'm going to edit it out.