AMC's 'The Walking Dead'

Brikar

The Dude
Jan 1, 1970
Massachusetts
Based on the comics by Robert Kirkman. Tells the story of Rick Grimes, a cop who gets shot and wakes up from his coma to find that the world has been overrun by zombies. He sets out to find his wife and child and hopefully search for a place where they can all be safe.

The comic series recently hit its 75th issue. The series is being developed by Frank Darabont, writer/director of "The Shawshank Redemption" and "The Mist" and Gale Ann Hurd, producer of "Terminator" and "Aliens."

The ultra-talented Bear McCreary will score the series!

This whole thing just looks like it's full of win. I love the comics; 'Walking Dead' is one of my favorite series, and I couldn't be more excited about this TV adaptation.

Link to trailer and description of Comic-Con panel.

Brikar

The Dude
Jan 1, 1970
Massachusetts
I'm so friggin' excited for this series. The writing staff includes people from 'The Shield,' 'Dexter,' 'The Wire,' 'Battlestar Galactica,' 'The X-Files' and even Robert Kirkman himself. This shit is gonna be awesome.

Jun 13, 2006
Like Fox Movie Channel, American Movie Classics started out as a network to broadcast classic film. Since then, they've branched out into some newer movies and original series, creating the critically acclaimed "Breaking Bad" and "Mad Men."

Brikar

The Dude
Jan 1, 1970
Massachusetts
Like Fox Movie Channel, American Movie Classics started out as a network to broadcast classic film. Since then, they've branched out into some newer movies and original series, creating the critically acclaimed "Breaking Bad" and "Mad Men."
While their TV series have generally been excellent, their remake of 'The Prisoner' was a misfire, sadly. And a lot of the movies they show these days kinda blow. I mean, 'Catwoman'... really? 'Predator 2'? C'mon. Still, they've done more right than wrong, and everything I'm seeing about this show looks freakin' awesome.

More bonus: Darabont said the DVD may contain a black and white version of the pilot!

Bean

The Awesome One
Jan 1, 1970
Canada eh!
cheese.com
I just finished reading the last five issues. In the back of #75 they have vanity pics of all the main cast members as well as a bunch of zombies It looks fucking awesome from that alone.

On another note **Spoiler Warning for last 6 or 7 issues**

What the FUCK is going on with Rick?? The writing for him since they got to the community has been off. I mean, being ready to take over? Actually losing it and threatening it outright? What the hell????